3D-Coat development process

I am Andrew Shpagin, the developer of 3D-Coat. This is my personal blog devoted to the development of 3D-Coat. This blog is created to give fast and non-official information about 3D-Coat. I will post there daily news, what I am doing now, what features are under development this moment. It could be really interesting for everyone who is interested in 3D-Coat.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New render engine, handlers, retopo

3D-Coat is transferred on new graphic engine.This cross platform engine was done by my friend Sergey Krizhanovsky. It is very important step to make 3DC cross plaform. I hope it will be released for macOS in a month and for Linux in two months. Other benefit of new engine - easy making diggerent handlers. I have inserted them into sculpt tool, it works very cool now! Look at screenshots:

Also you will me able to move/rotate/scale the whole closed poly areas using handlers. Sculpt tool was improved much, now symmetry worksmuch better in select and move mode. It allows you to pose object better.

I have started retopo tool. I think it is important not only because of retopo tool itself but also like improvement to sculpt mode - you will get possibility to sculpt something essential from sphere using pair sculpt/retopo. Another application - making clothes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have test 3D-coat trial version with Wine. Program run but the screen keep refreshing all the time and very slow. I'm using Ubuntu 8.04

I will wait to see your linux version. :)